How to Effectively Operate a Cross-Border Business
On June 25, 2019 at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a free webinar with Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), who will discuss the complexities of operating and managing a cross border businesses.
Who Will Benefit From Attending This Webinar?
This webinar is relevant to business owners who want to expand their Canadian business into the United States or who already have U.S. business activities. The webinar will also be helpful to trusted advisors of such business owners, including CPAs, financial and investment advisors, in-house counsel, CFOs, and other professionals whose area of responsibility includes evaluation of U.S. tax framework prior to making a decision on whether to operate in the United States.
Topics Covered in This Webinar.
As the world of business is consistently evolving and client outreach continues to spread across the world, businesses are consistently able to expand their clientele, often across borders. This opens up a fantastic new frontier for business opportunity, but with it come the complexities of the cross-border working environment, including: business challenges, U.S. immigration law concerns, tax and regulatory considerations. These concerns can all be addressed appropriately so long as careful planning and consideration is involved. Unfortunately, if not properly planned for, even the slightest expansion across borders can lead to a myriad of headaches that will have you wondering why you sought the expansion in the first place.
Here is just a sample of what we will cover during this webinar:
• How do you know that you are ready to expand into the United States?
• Recap of key tax issues and considerations relevant to the 2018 tax year tax filings;
• Key U.S. immigration law considerations;
• How to structure your cross-border business in a tax-efficient manner;
• What about your workforce?
• Tax compliance considerations;
• Tax planning opportunities;
• Framework for operating your business in the United States;
• Practical tips and considerations for expanding across the border;
• … and more!
To learn more, please register and gain the insight you need to effectively advise yourclients on the complexities of business expansion, to best position yourself or your clients to maximize their earning potential. Plus, you can earn up to one (1) CPD credit (relevant to Canadian CPAs). We hope you join us!