U.S. Tax IQ
550 Speers Road, Suite 1A
Oakville, ON L6K 2G3
First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 5700
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 1C7
LinkedIn: Brandon Vucen
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Brandon Vucen is a Principal of U.S. Tax IQ, and a Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified Public Accountant. He has over 20 years of U.S. and Canadian Tax experience. Brandon assists clients from a broad range of industries including technology, professional services, manufacturing and sports and entertainment. He has experience in and focuses his practice on:
- Preparation and assistance under the IRS’ Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures (SFCP);
- U.S. cross-border tax planning and structuring for U.S. and Canadian-based multinationals;
- Financing of U.S. and Canadian operations;
- Tax treaty planning;
- U.S. trade or business and permanent establishment planning;
- U.S. domestic M&A, divestitures, and restructurings;
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) planning and consulting;
- Structuring, planning and compliance for Canadian investment in U.S. real estate, including related reporting and withholding advice;
- Withholding, backup withholding, and reporting requirements for a variety of industries, including financial services industry;
- Preparation or review of income tax provisions in accordance with U.S. GAAP;
- Multi-state planning and compliance, including state and local strategic tax review, nexus studies and sales and use tax obligations;
- Personal tax and estate, and gift tax planning and compliance;
- Personal tax planning and compliance for professional athletes and coaches;
- Other related U.S. tax and cross-border tax matters.
Brandon has co-authored several articles on U.S. international taxation and multi-state taxation.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (1988), University of Toronto.
- Multi-State Masters Diploma (1998), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Masters of Science Taxation (2003), Canisius College, Buffalo, New York.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Chartered Professional Accountants Ontario.