U.S. Tax IQ
550 Speers Road, Suite 1A
Oakville, ON L6K 2G3
First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 5700
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 1C7
LinkedIn: Alex Manasuev
English, Russian, Spanish, German
Alexey has authored and co-authored more than 30 articles on various U.S. tax, international tax, and transfer pricing issues.
Here, you can view a list of representative publications.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Alex Manasuev is a Principal of U.S. Tax IQ. He is also a U.S. tax attorney. Alex has over 13 years of U.S. tax, international tax, and transfer pricing experience. Alex assists clients from a broad range of industries, including businesses, high net worth individuals, and U.S. citizens and Green card holders residing outside the United States, including Canada. He has experience in and focuses his practice on the following areas:
- U.S. cross-border tax planning and structuring for U.S. and Canadian-based businesses;
- Assistance under the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures (SFCP);
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) consulting and compliance;
- U.S. trade or business and permanent establishment planning;
- U.Structuring, planning, and compliance for Canadian investment in U.S. real estate, including related reporting and withholding advice;
- Tax treaty planning;
- Financing of U.S. and non-U.S. operations;
- Planning and structuring of cross-border restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations;
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) planning and consulting;
- U.S. investments by private equity funds, foreign governments, and pension plans;
- Withholding, backup withholding, and reporting requirements for a variety of industries, including financial services industry;
- Transfer pricing (including transfer pricing planning and contemporaneous documentation, audit assistance, and competent authority matters)
- Personal tax and estate and gift tax planning;
- Other related U.S. tax and cross-border tax matters
SELECTIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “International Tax Developments”, 2014 ABA Section of Taxation Joint Fall Meeting (Denver, September 2014).
- “Upcoming U.S. Tax Reform and Comparison of U.S. and Canadian Tax Systems”, Networking Seminars (Toronto, September 2012).
Alexey is a Foreign Legal Consultant (Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario). He is admitted to the State of New York Bar and the District of Columbia Bar. Alexey is also admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in International Taxation (Hauser Global Scholar).
- Institute of EC Law at MGIMO (Master of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO-University) (Bachelor of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation and Estates and Trusts.
- New York State Bar Association Tax Section.